Working with clients
Examples of the diversity of projects I have recently undertaken include:
Pro bono work:
- Working with Phoenix Group plc to appoint a historian to write a company history and advising on the creation of an archive.
- Advising an Irish company on the creation of an archive and the development of a heritage programme to mark its anniversary.
- Advising Nationwide Building Society on the setting up of their archive and helping to recruit an archivist.
- Creating an archive for The Economist newspaper and arranging its transfer to the Bodleian Library.
- A review of the website of the archive of a FTSE 100 company with recommendations for its improvement, suggestions for new content, and a phased development plan.
- Advising Arundel Castle Trustees on the requirements of GDPR and the implementation of strategies to improve records management workflow.
- Writing a feasibility report for Port Sunlight Village Trust on UNESCO World Heritage Status.
- Writing the text for a commemorative booklet and designing a promotional desk calendar as part of the celebrations for Unilever Archives' 30th anniversary.
- Advice to an accountancy firm on document retention periods.
- Revising and editing the text of an information booklet for a private archive, designing the layout, selecting images and writing instructions for the printing firm.
- Designing and delivering records appraisal workshops.
Pro bono work:
- Carl Rosa Trust on the management of their archive and sources for funding its cataloguing and conservation.
- Stansted Park Foundation re the management of a volunteer programme and best practice guidelines for archival storage.